Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I too am not Sylvia!

This is Cate from somewhere just north of the Kinneret, which until 12 hours ago I only knew of as the Sea of Galilee. I never thought I would be in this part of the world and it is amazing. I am most definitely a tourist, not yet able to absorb but simply observe quietly and with all preconceptions smashed. Loved the Dead Sea, you really can float with no effort. And it really does taste foul, even just a drop. I'm getting used to seeing soldiers everywhere--streets, malls, the beach--carrying machine guns, casually slung over their shoulders. Laila Tov! Cate

2 comments:

Bruce said...

This is Bruce, and I think that Cate just copied exactly what I was going to say, and hurried up to post it under her name, before I had the chance to hit the "post" button.

I am so upset...and probably will have to get her back at Breakfast or something. Maybe I'll tell her that the creamer that she is putting in her morning coffee is actually Dunn-Edwards white paint or something. Yeah, that should be enough pay-back.

Bruce said...

And oh yeah, I don't think I can ever get tired or "used" to seeing soldiers everywhere--streets, malls, the beach--carrying machine guns, casually slung over their shoulders. Besides some (most) of them are just s handsome. We were walking through the Jewish Quarter the other day just prior to Yom HaZikaron ceremonies (Memorial Day here) and there were maybe like 500 or 600 waiting in the Hurva Square. I don't think any one of us has witnessed so much testosterone at one time.