Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Drink Your Water

Well, we’ve pretty much gotten used to hearing drink your water, drink your water, keep drinking constantly. Our Tour Leader, Tracy, has taken on the role of reminding us just before disembarking from the bus, to take your water, bring your water. And she usually reminds Arnie twice.

Poor Arnie. I swear I thought I saw him swimming off the bus last time we stopped.

Now, under the proverbial banner of TMI (too much information) Shari our tour-guide has taught us the most basic test for determining dehydration. And she swears every Israeli knows this one.

Here is what you do: After making your “peepee” (Biblical Hebrew for urinating), one needs to either turn around or look down, female and male respectively, and note the general color. If one’s peepee is fairly clear, then you have “Peepee Levan” and you are basically pretty well hydrated. However, if ones peepee is any other color you have “Peepee Shachor” and are probably at some stage of dehydration. Thus we’ve each become an expert on this litmus test for checking hydration levels.

Yeah yeah, I know, TMI.

No comments: